THE JOINT MINIATURE SCHNAUZER EYE FUND (JMSEF)
Founded by the Miniature Schnauzer Club, the Northern Schnauzer Club and the Schnauzer Club of Great Britain
What do we do?
- Raise money for research into Miniature Schnauzer eye conditions. Total raised so far: over £86,000
- Over £10,000 donated for specific research into eye conditions in the Miniature Schnauzer. Donations assisted:
a) The Animal Health Trust’s (AHT) Hereditary
Congenital Cataract (CHC) research
b) Two Whole Genome Scans (WGS) – which provides
the base for any (worldwide) research in the breed
- Funding for WGS & CHC projects also assisted in a DNA test for Demyelinating polyneuropathy in the Miniature Schnauzer
- With help of breeder & owners, JMSEF organised DNA samples from a family cluster of G-PRA ‘affecteds’ to be sent to AHT for inclusion in their PRA research. Work is ongoing
- A second research phase into Congenital Hereditary Cataracts is also ongoing and further information anticipated this year.
How YOU can help!
- DNA samples from any Miniature Schnauzer diagnosed as affected for CHC, HC or PRA would be of immense help to the breed. Please contact Sue McGrann (see below).
- DNA samples from Miniature Schnauzers over the age of 6 years with a current ‘clinically unaffected’eye certificate would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Sue McGrann
- Help our Fund Raising Activities:Limited Edition Bedtime Print;China mug; China Trinket box.
For details of how to order any of these items, contact Sue McGrann 01526 860087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org